SEO strategies are complex and multilayered. They’re designed to make you more visible on the search engine and that requires optimizing your website according to Google’s ranking factors.
Backlinking is one of the most important strategies in SEO. However, it has become increasingly difficult to impress Google with inbound links these days.
You need a strong link profile with links from several authoritative sources to get a good ranking. This article includes several unique and uncommon ways to get links from good sources.
- Think About Interviews and Podcasts
Interviews are a great way to get links, share your knowledge, and build authority. It is easier to get interview requests when you have some experience under your belt. For example, if you have a popular local pizzeria for a few years now, many local food magazines will be interested in interviewing you
It is important to utilize every interview opportunity that comes your way, no matter how small. This gives your brand credibility and sends a strong signal of authority to your target audience.
It is possible to get interviews when you’re a relative newbie. You can reach out to relevant websites in your industry and offer an interview. Websites are always looking for new and intriguing content. The interview format is unique enough that it will get you through the door.
Once your interview is live, it has the potential to bring dozens of backlinks. Other websites might quote you, link to the entire interview, and link to your website.
Podcasts are ideal for this type of content because they allow you to speak directly to your audience. You have a voice that showcases your personality. This type of content feels more personal.
- Local SEO Can Bring in Links
Many people don’t utilize local SEO for link building. This strategy has great potential, especially if you have an already established local presence. Look beyond claiming your business on Google, getting local reviews, and citations. Here are some tips on how to utilize this platform:
- Sponsor Events – Sponsoring local events, especially charity events, can be a great way to get links. Your website might appear in all local new media websites if the event is big or impactful enough.
- Be Involved – Attend local business meetings, conferences, and be a part of the community. This is a great way to gain backlinks, especially from reliable local publications. Being involved will also help improve your overall reputation.
- Local Content – Create local content and see magic happen. Most people don’t realize just how much traffic local content gets. This is niche, converting traffic seeking the more relevant information. For example, if you’re a plant nursery establishment, you can offer advice on plants that will thrive in the local environment.
Local backlinks will improve brand trust and help you rise up the ranks on the search engine results page.
- Create a Resource Page
Most people consider a resource page a hub of outbound links. It is a place where you list all resources that might help your target audience get more information. It contains links to useful content, great tools, and helpful people.
Many bloggers and content creators consider resource pages to be the “holy grail” in the field of link-building.
How does it benefit you, you ask? Here’s a look at the different benefits of resource pages:
- You can incorporate links from trustworthy sources on this page. This makes you visible to those websites.
- Many content creators will link to your resource page if they find the collection of links to be relevant.
- You can reach out to other websites and offer content that might fit into their resource pages.
- Encourages trust and authority, which can help build a good reputation. If your resource page contains high-quality links, your audiences are more likely to trust you.
The resource page is for your audience and not for you. Make sure it actually provides the information and assistance that your audiences are seeking. Spam-filled resource pages will only harm your reputation.
- Utilize Skyscraper Content
Skyscraper content is highly attractive to content creators because they offer current information. This content isn’t static and must be upgraded regularly, but it can offer a treasure-trove of backlinks over time.
One of the best examples of skyscraper content is Backlinko’s Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete Guide.It contains a list of ranking factors that are regularly updated to ensure the information provided is always accurate.
Creating such content requires planning and effort, but the results it provides is worth it. You can get thousands of backlinks, build a lot of authority, and get first-page ranking on Google.
The key to creating a successful backlink page is to choose the right topic. You need to make sure the information can be updated and the topic will remain relevant for a long time.
You also need to make sure your content is visible to the right people. Reach out to the most authoritative websites in your field to get the maximum amount of links.
- Reclaim Links and Claim Brand Mentions
These are often an untapped link resource. While it can be tedious to browse through broken links or look for brand mentions, they can help you gain more traffic and conversions. Here’s what you can do:
- If you have moved your website or changed its structure without a good redirect page, you’ll have a number of broken links. It is a good idea to reach out to website owners and ask them to replace the links with the new URL.
- Search for your brand mentions and product mentions online. Send an outreach email to owners of these platforms asking for a backlink. Most owners will be perfectly willing to provide backlinks.
Don’t be intimidated by backlinking. Many think it is an extremely difficult strategy and look for shortcuts. Most of these shortcuts like buying links of Fiverr or link farming are black hat techniques that will compromise your reputation.
There are dozens of different ways to get good quality backlinks. If you spend some time on planning, you will get great results and a strong link profile.
Ayushi Choudhary is a Jr. Content writer working with Ranking By SEO. In her corporate life she write many blogs and articles on SEO, Link building, SMO and many more.