Prior to setting up a Roku gadget through roku.com/link web address to stream any of the 5000+ streaming channels available, it should be connected to the internet. Roku boxes and TVs enable you to interface with the web by means of Ethernet or WiFi, while Streaming Sticks give just the WiFi choice.
To connect to the internet connection, you require:
- A Roku streaming stick, box or TV
- Your network password
- A Router that has both wired and wireless availability choices. Just on the off chance that the WiFi alternative doesn’t work for a Roku box or TV, you may need to make the association with your switch through Ethernet Cable.
Connect Roku to WiFi for the very first time
When you have your Roku gadget associated with power and turned on, you’ll be guided through a setup procedure which incorporates interfacing the gadget to the web.
Important Note: In case your device doesn’t have enough memory, perform Roku 3 micro SD install process accurately.
Here are the steps you need to consider while connecting to the internet:
- While setting up Roku boxes and TVs, you’ll be incited to pick wired or wireless option.
- In the event that you choose wired, bear in mind to interface your Roku box or TV to your router. Your Roku gadget will simply interface with your home system and the web. When affirmed, you can proceed with the rest of the setup steps for your Roku gadget.
- In the event that you select wireless, there are additional steps to finish the connection procedure.
- During the first time setup, your Roku gadget will automatically check for any accessible networks inside range. When a list of available networks shows up, pick your WiFi network.
- Once done, you have to enter your network password.
- Now, you’ll see a confirmation popup expressing your Roku gadget has associated with your home system and the web.
As soon as the connection process completes, your Roku gadget may reboot/restart. So wait for some time. In case you face any issues while connecting Roku to internet, don’t hesitate to call our expert technicians at toll-free 1-844-748-9017.
Connect Roku to WiFi after First-Time Setup
So you have set up your Roku device properly. Well, there are two ways to do so: either using Roku no CC link or via credit card details. However, it all depends upon you how you set up your media player.
In the event that you need to connect the Roku to another WiFi network, or are changing from a wired to wireless system, here are the instructions to pursue:
- Press the button on your Roku remote.
- Go to network settings.
- Set up a connection.
- Let your Roku device find your network.
- Type your network secret key.
And there you are. Now you can stream your favorite channel on the streaming player without any hassle.
Connect Roku to Public WiFi
One extraordinary feature of Roku is you can travel with your streaming stick or box and use it in an apartment or hotel.
Prior to packing your Roku for use in another area, ensure the area gives WiFi and your TV has an accessible HDMI association you can access from the TV’s remote control. In case you are using a damaged HDMI cable, you will get purple screen Roku error. Just replace the wire with the new one to fix it.
When you arrive and are prepared to utilize your Roku, go through the following things:
- Get the area’s network password.
- Put your Roku stick or box on power and the TV you need to utilize.
- Press the button on the Roku remote.
- Go to wireless settings.
- Finally, enter the password to complete the connection process.
Now the WiFi setup has done, you can make the most of your Roku gadget. For more assistance, feel free to call our experts at any time.