Linksys extender setup would be the ultimate solution to all network related brain-teaser issues. Range extenders are very well known as WiFi boosters or range expanders that are intended to extend the coverage area of your existing router. Once you have successfully completed the setup process of your Linksys range extender, then there would be no need for you to roam around here and there in search of strong and steady WiFi signals.
Before setting up your range extender, don’t forget to know your extender carefully.
Get familiar with your range extender
In order to perform Linksys WiFi range extender setup properly, you should be aware of its ports, buttons, and LED lights. There are three panels on a Linksys extender:
- Front Panel
The front panel on Linksys range extender contains a LED light that gives you information about WPS setup and power. The blinking LED lights mean that the extender is updating the firmware or resetting to default settings. Similarly, solid color shows that the extender is ready to use.
- Back Panel
The back panel includes a power switch, WiFi Protected Setup button, audio port and Ethernet port. With the help of an Ethernet Port, you can connect multiple wired devices to the range extender. On the other hand, the audio port is used for connecting speakers with the range extender. WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) button is used to manually configure Linksys range extender. A power switch is used to turn on/off the extender.
- Bottom Panel
Reset is the only button present at the bottom panel of extender. Pressing this button will clear customized settings and restore all the default extender settings. On the other hand, you can also reset the extender through Linksys smart WiFi router login webpage.
Important Tips for the Setup of Linksys Extender
- Place your range extender openly in an airy room.
- Your range extender is supposed to be outside the range of electronic gadgets and metal objects.
- Use an updated version of router and web browser for Linksys extender login.
- Enter the correct web address for extender setup.
- While connecting your router to the range extender, remember that it shouldn’t be placed beneath a table, back of any device or inside a cabinet.
- Keep all your WiFi devices away from metal appliances, electronic gadgets, cordless phones, and Bluetooth speakers.
After completing the configuration steps successfully, connect your Linksys range extender to smart devices like tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer and start enjoying the internet speed all over the house without buffering. In case you can’t connect to Linksys extender, reboot your network and try again.
What is http://extender.linksys.com?
http://extender.linksys.com is the default web address meant for installing and configuring a Linksys wireless extender. All you have to do is simply access an internet browser and visit the said link. It will accompany you with the on-screen instructions to complete the process of Linksys extender setup.
How to set up Linksys range extender
Make sure to keep the aforesaid tips into mind while setting up your range extender. Follow the steps below to install the extender by yourself:
- Put your WiFi range extender to a suitable place.
- Power it on by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Take your PC, laptop or Mac and switch it on.
- Connect the computer or laptop to a LAN (Local Area Network).
- After that, pull up a web browser of your choice and enter extender.linksys.com into field of the URL bar.
- Set up the security settings to go with the configuration and installation of the extender.
And that’s it. Your Linksys range extender has set up completely. If you come across any issues with the default web address for your Linksys extender, don’t forget to get instant support for extender.linksys.com from our experienced technicians at the toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.